Trash and Recycling

Trash Schedules

If you lost or need to replace your Baltimore County trash and recycling schedule, you can download a new schedule by searching for your address.

Hazardous Chemicals

Baltimore County

All three Baltimore County drop-off centers accept selected household hazardous waste throughout the year, though the full-service site at the Eastern Sanitary Landfill accepts the widest range of materials. The Bureau of Solid Waste Management maintains a comprehensive directory of the various materials accepted at each drop-off center.

Baltimore City

Baltimore City has a Household Hazardous Waste containment facility at its Northwest Citizens’ Convenience Center located at 2840 Sisson Street.  The facility will collect materials from April through October.

Residents must show proof of city residency, e.g. a driver’s license, telephone bill or tax bill, before they can drop off any hazardous items. Residents must also be able to identify the material.

These events are for household hazardous waste materials ONLY. Businesses and commercial users should contact a vendor for proper hazardous waste disposal. Commercial vehicles are not allowed at the facility.

More information about Baltimore City trash and recycling is here: Citizen Drop-Off Centers

Prescription Drug Drop-Off

Baltimore County has installed prescription drug drop-off boxes in the front of every police precinct building in the county. This is a safe, easy, and anonymous way to dispose of your unused prescription medications.

Grass and Leaves

Baltimore County residents are reminded that raking or blowing leaves and grass trimmings into the gutter or street is unsafe, potentially damaging to the Chesapeake Bay and is illegal.

Bonfires and Burning

Bonfires and agricultural burning are illegal in Baltimore County without a permit. Leaf burning is prohibited throughout the county; the Department of Public Works collects leaves and other yard waste as part of its regular collection schedule. Open burning, including recreational bonfires, is prohibited inside the perimeter of the I-695 Beltway. Outside I-695, recreational bonfires require a permit from the local Office of the Fire Marshal, 410-887-4880. Find more detailed information on bonfires and agricultural burning regulations.